Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence is looking for a manager, grants.
BBBSI is the largest BBBS agency in PA/NJ and fourth largest in the nation. The grants manager will be responsible for a robust portfolio totaling approximately $2 million annually, while leading the Agency’s grant writing efforts including all Letters of Intent, proposals, and required reports for foundation, corporate and government sources.
CeaseFire PA is searching for an executive director.
The executive director will lead a highly effective advocacy organization working to stop the gun violence epidemic (PA). Since its inception in 2001, CeaseFirePA has worked in communities across Pennsylvania to build support from the ground up for reforms to reduce gun violence. CeaseFirePA’s agenda focuses on addressing all causes of gun violence, from stopping urban community gun violence to stemming the rising rates of gun suicides in rural Pennsylvania. The executive director’s time will be divided between external-facing leadership and internal management, with a focus on six key areas where action is particularly critical to achieving community safety.
Community Legal Services is looking to fill multiple openings:
- Development assistant — will report to the Development Director and will work as a team member of the Development and Communications Unit to enhance the growth and success of CLS’s fundraising program.
- Staff attorney, Health and Independence Unit — will focus on a wide range of public benefits issues, including financial eligibility for Social Security Administration benefits as well as access to benefits from the state Department of Human Services.
- Medical-legal partnership paralegal — will work with the MLP’s Supervising Attorney to provide legal advice and representation to Broad Street Ministry’s guests.
- SSI Unit paralegal — will involve client interviews and other frequent communications with clients and SSA, both orally and writing, about issues that arise during the clients’ SSI cases.
- Karabots medical-legal partnership paralegal — The new paralegal will work with the three MLP attorneys to provide legal advice and representation at Karabots. The paralegal will be based at CLS’s 1424 Chestnut Street office location, and will work at Karabots at least two days per week, and possibly up to four days if necessary.
Drexel University is looking for a project manager, VP University & Community Partnership.
Fairmount Park Conservancy is looking to fill two positions:
- Hatfield House community arts curator will create, plan, and implement a dynamic series of exhibitions, education (youth and adult), and public programs to bring the house to life in order to serve neighboring community members.
- Hatfield House site manager — will provide a valuable on-site presence for meetings, programs and events, and will manage their associated logistical needs (deliveries, catering, etc.). They will work in tandem with a Community Arts Curator to bring the house to life in order to serve neighboring community members.
Mazzoni Center is looking for a conference coordinator. This position will act as the lead logistical coordinator of the Philadelphia Trans Wellness Conference and projects directly relating to the conference. The position supports the planning and implementation of the conference, its workshops, and meetings by contributing to the conceptualization, organization, and execution of the events, and providing substantive, logistical, and administrative services.
Oxford Area Neighborhood Services Center has an opening for an executive director. The Executive Director is responsible for the advancement of the mission and oversight of the ongoing, day-to-day operational work of the vital nonprofit organization located in Oxford, PA. Working with the board, the best person for this position will seek to nurture existing relationships and develop new avenues of partnership and support in the local community.
Philadelphia Youth Network has four openings:
- Manager, program operations — is responsible for the operational success of department ensuring seamless team management and development, program delivery, quality control and evaluation, and manage a growing staff of three.
- Senior business partnership specialist — works closely with the Director, Partnerships for Employment Pathways, other members of the department and organization, and key external stakeholders to increase investments by the business community in city-wide career development programs.
- Controller — will lead all day-to-day accounting operations and supervise a team of 3-4 staff members including functional responsibility over accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
- Assistant controller — will be responsible for timely billing, collections of revenue and/or payments processing by collecting and/or overseeing the collection of revenue and the clearing of delinquent accounts in accordance with an organization’s policy, applicable laws and regulations and sound business practice.
Public Health Management Corporation has five openings:
- Certified medical assistant — performs a wide variety of duties and responsibilities in a manner that places emphasis on quality of care and customer service.
- Fulltime interviewer — conducts survey data collection and reporting activities, while fostering strong working relationships between the project team and participants.
- Turning Points for Children community umbrella agency case manager — performs a variety of counseling, referral, placement and/or adoptive functions related to services for children and youth, including performing case management activities; assessing client and family needs; developing an appropriate service and/or treatment plan; and developing group activities.
- Psychiatrist — provide leadership in psychiatric services in PHMC’s Health Services and Behavioral Health Services division. The candidate will provide direct clinical services as well as ensure that clinical services are integrated into each client’s overall treatment plan.
- Special Education teacher — develops and implements the Individual Education Plan (IEP) for each student and collaborates with members of the instructional team in the planning and implementation of behavioral and academic interventions and supports to ensure students receive a quality educational program.
Verified Voting has an opening for a research assistant.
Verified Voting (www.verifiedvoting.org), founded by computer scientists in 2004, is a leading national not-for-profit, non-partisan organization whose mission is to strengthen democracy for all voters by promoting the responsible use of technology in elections. To keep the information in its voting machine database current, Verified Voting is seeking a full-time Research Assistant to gather and update the data that is used in the Verifier. The research assistant will report directly to the senior editor and data specialist.
Witty Gritty has two openings:
- The project & client manager will work with the Engagement & Experiences (E&E) team to ensure deadlines are being met and serving as “quality control” on projects.
- The community engagement coordinator will have an understanding and interest in Philadelphia’s civic community and will work on projects to craft content and messaging to aid in the outreach efforts of Witty Gritty and its clients.